Saturday, 14 July 2007

Bloggers for Positive Global Change

Yesterday I was tagged by Jenny for a Bloggers for Positive Global Change Award. Here are 5 bloggers whom I believe are changing the world for the better. I am sure there are many others.

1. I know Jenny picked her, but I would also like to recommend Natalie from Isabella in the 21st Century. She blends home-making tips and recipes with a conviction that home-making itself can be a subversive act.

2. Rhonda Jean, from Down to Earth, has long been an inspiration for me. I first came across her at the Aussies Living Simply web forum she hosts under the name of Forest. She is incredibly generous in sharing her wisdom and ideas.

3. Anna at Pleasant View Schoolhouse always inspires with her beautiful photographs of her life as a home-schooling mother of five in America. Her skill as a seamstress is amazing.

4. Sara, from Walk Slowly Live Wildly is a mother of one who has chosen to downsize, first from a house to a tiny flat, then from the flat to a van in which she, her husband and her daughter, will travel the US promoting her environmental and Christian message.

5. Lastly, for several years I have followed Linda Cockburn as, first, she and her family tried to live totally self-sufficiently on their 1/2 acre in Queensland, then later, moved to a larger block in Tasmania to be even more self-sufficient.

2 comments:

Isabella in the 21st Century said...

Hi Kate
Thank you for the nomination! I shall check out some of the other blogs you mentioned. I'm really touched that you chose to nominate me.

Rhonda Jean said...

I am touched that you nominated me too but I've already been nominated for this and I wonder if I should accept again.

Thank you for your kindness.

Rhonda : )