Monday, 16 June 2008

Bushwalk at Mount Dom Dom

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.

~e.e. cummings

Yesterday my daughter and husband went on a 10 km bushwalk at Mt Dom Dom east of Melbourne with Miss 11's scout group. So today's post is some of the photos taken by my daughter during the hike.

I know some readers are disappointed that I don't show more of the Australian bush on my blog. One reader expressed disappointment recently that my backyard looks just like an American backyard!

However, just outside of Melbourne there are lots of beautiful places to visit that have wonderful bushland. If you go to the out and about category on my sidebar you can see some of the places we have visited over the past year, both in the city and beyond.

My husband left yesterday morning tired and rather stressed and came home relaxed and invigorated. There is nothing like the beauty of the natural world to put all our worries back into perspective.








Kate xxx

19 comments:

Kez said...

Beautiful!

molly said...

Stunningly beautiful Kate

Blessings:)

Aisling said...

Kate, How perfectly gorgeous. I would be renewed and in awe after such a watch. :)

Tracy said...

It would have been a beautiful day for a walk yesterday too! Very pretty Kate ~ I'm glad you all enjoyed your day.

River said...

I love that shot with the sunbeams. It's like god is lighting the pathway to heaven.

Susan said...

Such beautiful photos. Just awe inspiring!

Our Red House said...

Thank you all for commenting. My daughter is thrilled that you like her photos. She has potential, doesn't she?

Kate

Left-Handed Housewife said...

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

KarenHarveyCox said...

OMG, Kate thee photographs are amazing! The one with the sunlight streaming in looks like it belongs in a magazine. Well, I only wish I could visit there, it's like a dream. That cracked me up about an American backyard...we are an awful common lot aren't we? We have lots of grand things in nature, but this is brilliant. Karen

Kari & Kijsa said...

Beautiful photos! What amazing scenery!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Simply Stork said...

oh so beautiful...thank you so much for taking us along...the photos are so lovely...I could just stare at them all day :o)

I'm gonna go and look at them again :o)

~simply~

Shimmy Mom said...

Beautiful pics! It's one of my biggest dreams to visit Australia some day. Now I want to all the more!
(I loved you back yard by the way.)

Stitchingranny said...

Looks like they had a great time. Beautiful pictures.

Donna said...

Just beautiful!

Donna

Gill - That British Woman said...

lovely photo's

Aimee Kieffer, aka "Momzoo" said...

two words....OH WOW!

Missy said...

wow! how beautiful :) thank you for sharing.

blessings,
missy

GreenishLady said...

Wonderful photos! Loved them all, but especially the "God's fingers" one, and seeing the tree-ferns. Amazing! Thanks for sharing these. Yes, your girl has potential indeed!

Kirstin said...

beautiful pics Kate...And I'm bummed, I missed your make it from scratch carnival. We were out of town and the days leading up to it didn't allow time. I haven't even had time to read blogs like I want to..