Friday, 2 July 2010

Hot Water Bottle Jumper

An Aussie joke
Question: What do you get when you cross a sheep with a kangaroo?
Answer: A woolly jumper.


Way back in 2007 one of my first ever blog posts was about this jumper that I knitted for my hot water bottle.*

It's shabbier now than it was back then but just as wonderful at warming my icy toes on these cold winter nights.  

I think my husband is also glad that I put my freezing feet on my hot water bottle and not all over him!

What do you use to keep you warm on winter nights?

*If the 2007 post doesn't show up properly in Internet Explorer, it is due to the issues described here.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Mmmm! I get icy feet whenever it's cold, and sometimes I have a hard time sleeping until I warm them up. I don't have a hot water bottle, but I use a flannel bag sewn up pillow-style with field corn inside, warmed up in the microwave. Easy to make and nice and warm!

StrivingSimply said...

I have a hot water bottle that I never use. I don't know why, but I just haven't. I think it might be because the bottle lost heat so quickly, even with a fleece cover. I have been thinking about stitching up my own corn pillow that Mrs. M mentioned. I've seen them for sale out here with herbs in them too. That way it's toasty and relaxing.

Katrina said...

I have a wheat bag that does the trick nicely (you do have to be careful to not zap it for too long in the microwave as you can burn yourself) the girls used to have hot water bottles but tend not to use them these days. My mum bought them good quality bed socks that they use all the time, when it's really cold Heidi tends to sleep in leggings with pj pants on over the top to give her some extra warmth